Every year in Agassiz, BC, thousands of tulips go on display for the public to see. These festivals happen all over the world and are absolutely breathtaking to see. I first saw photos on Instagram and did some research that led me to Agassiz. It was only about an hour from Vancouver so made for a good day trip.
Facts on the Agassiz Tulips of the Valley Festival:
- This will be the 9th year of the festival
- There are 14 hectares of tulip fields
- There are over 20 different varieties of tulips on the fields
- Up to 3,000 visitors can come on a busy day
- Tulips can be purchased on site as well as local crafts and a farmers market
- The 2014 festival might be over May 1st, try to get there this week! :)
Tips for going to the Tulip Festival:
- Research - The tulips are only in full bloom for 1-3 weeks so do your research before making plans. The Agassiz Festival posts all info on their Facebook Page
- Check the weather - Photos won't be as good if you get rain or overcast skies... make sure to check before you go
- Battery and Memory - Ensure you have plenty of battery power and memory for your cameras and phones before going. It's waaaay too beautiful to miss out.
- Bring cash - parking is $5, entry is $3 and there are great local products to buy to support the farm
- Avoid the Crowds - Go early. Check what time it opens and aims to get there then. The worst thing would be to wait in line all day in your car. I heard they even had to turn people away last weekend because too many showed up at the same time.
- Have fun! :)
For my FULL Flickr Album click here. (a sample of photos below)
Link to the Tulips of the Valley website